Game Development ExperienceTurn 10 Studios (Microsoft) - Redmond, WA
3D Artist - 8/2016 - Present
- Shader and technical artwork for Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
- Oversee and manage phycially based material library.
- Developed pipeline for authoring custom driver suit materials.
- Manage modular Substance Designer library for texture creation (see Allegorithmic interview for details).
Senior Environment Artist - 3/2010 - 8/2016
- Created environment assets for The Elder Scrolls Online and expansions.
- Extensive modeling and texturing of architecture and dungeon and cave sets.
- Collaborated with world building and level design departments in creation of versatile, modular sets.
- Mentored other artists regarding PBR and Substance pipeline.
Environment Artist - 3/2009 - 3/2010
- Created environments for Star Wars: The Old Republic within the Hero Engine.
- Work included terrain editing and texture painting, asset placement, and lighting.
- Contributed to 6 planets including Tatooine, Hoth, Coruscant, Voss, Nar Shaddaa, and Corellia.
3D Artist - 10/2006 - 10/2008
- Created models and textures for Internet Browser Games.
- Contributed work on 3 titles (Java and Shockwave powered).
- Technical work including adjusting vehicle physics for Chaos Cars title.
- Two Years of International Game Development Experience.
EducationUniversity of Advancing Technology - Phoenix, AZ
Student - 7/2002 - 5/2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Over 12 years in game development including 9+ years at AAA studios.
- Strong knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and next-generation pipelines.
- Highly motivated and ambitious, constantly keeping up with industry standards and updated practices.
- Extensive Photography experience (see Photography section).
Technical and Software Skills
- Expert level knowledge of Substance Designer and Substance Painter.
- Highly proficient with 3D Studio Max and Adobe Photoshop.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience including material setup, level editing, and lighting.
- Proficient with Zbrush for environment modeling and height map generation.
- VRay experience including compositing outputs to background plates with photo-realistic results.